Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Paper heads




I like this artist (the last two images), she has made great illustrations for children's books, besides she is a painter, a kind of Neo-constructivist. The only thing about her illustrations for kids is that kids generally don't really like them. I imagine, and I also recall from my own childhood that they were too freaky, I could not figure out what they represented, they were too surreal. The colours have been always appealing though. Today I appreciate them and I like her books conceived as objects, which I had not known before. They are both hard to get or find at all. I needed to give a try to some of her paper heads. The little guy took over the job soon after I started. He said it was a good way to pass the time while he waits to go to see his friend. He made another one, more to his style and interests.

No comments: