Wednesday, August 19, 2009

On the way to...







library.

This is the shortest way, through the baroque palace garden in the center of Prague. It showed up that Dominik is frightened by the peacocks, he was hanging on my leg anytime I took a picture. Taking photographs I couldn't resist and took few typically touristy pictures there.

The library is hidden in a courtyard of one of the palaces, it is a specialized library and there is never anyone there. They were just waiting for Domik there! The lady pulled out all her teddy-bears that her grandchildren had supplied her with and was very cute with Dominik. What a beautiful life, everybody treats him so nicely, why it doesn't go on like that the whole life?

And I put this bag in the shop. I notice that it kind of corresponds with the upper picture of the architecture.

10 comments:

Francesca said...

They are big and intimidating birds. How nice that you can take Dominik with you when you do your research, and that the librarian is a friendly person. I'm sure there would be some rule against it in my country! How long are you able to work there for before he gets unhappy?
Nice embroidery work, Magda.

Bohemian girl said...

We just went to get a book, turned and left. I needed some time to fill up some paper and that was when he was playing with the lady. No, I wouldn't be able to do anything there with him. They don't even have a study room...
And I liked Italian libraries, National library in Firenze was bussy like a train station. Mi sempre davevano tu, qua e tutto troppo formale, sempre Lei...

Jill said...

i love your new embroidered bags! really great work. as always i can't get over how beautiful prague is with it's baroque buildings. i used to be one of those library ladies...locked away in a dark rare books room. we never had young visitors. i'm much happier these days out in the light :) do miss the old books sometimes though.

Bohemian girl said...

You worked with rare books? How nice! It is something I could do.

Thanks for nice comment on the embroidery, ladies.

Merruli said...

I guess those surroundings would steal all my attention from books.

Your embroidery has made me want to try out sashiko. Well, I still haven't, but I will.

likeschocolate said...

One word only can say it Beautiful!

Bohemian girl said...

Merulli, I torture sashiko according to my needs. Be sure to look into the real stuff, it is very beautiful. Maybe I will try real sashiko myself.

Ritva said...

so many new posts, new and interesting!thanks!

raining sheep said...

I am with Dominik on the peacocks....I don't really like them either. But....I do love your bag.

gini said...

how cute is ur boy!!!!
hope ur weLL
gini