Friday, February 11, 2011

...

There is nothing like knowing that you have only five pages of translation left. I have thousands things on mind that I want to do. And I know that when it comes to it, I will mostly sit and stare, unable to decide which pleasure to choose first. Mainly, Domík will have his mummy completely devoted to him again. I am afraid I will be building up a marble machine or some craziness like it. I appreciate his interest in how machines work but I do not want to build one. I bought him marbles, though, and we play with them. I thought he might simply abandon the idea one day but so far it has not happened. Is it because I have been neglecting him lately and he stuck to the idea? The translation is good, I tell him, I can buy some toys. It was not very smart but he liked it. What would not I do to please him? I need to look how these marble machines work....

6 comments:

Francesca said...

Perhaps making a marble machine will be a welcoming change from translating! :)
Congratulations on almost completing your work!

alessandra said...

let him build his own marble machine...
well done on the translation completion!

Bohemian girl said...

I guess. That is actually something that did not work. He does not know how and keeps coming for help. No way around except for keeping to say no no no.

victoria said...

How exciting to be nearly finished! I know the feeling of "emptiness" once a work is completed. After so much hard work you don't really know what to do with yourself, it takes me about a week to get going again with other stuff.
Good luck with the marble machine, I'm sure if you google it you will find some instructions :)

naturmama said...

what's a marble machine, please?! anyway, congratulations on your almost-done-work ;-) and that's a beautiful picture you took there!

Unknown said...

Thank you,
marble machine is a kind of a mechanic device with a complicated and tricky look, you put one or more marbles in it and you watch where and how they run along different paths, they fall, they open little gadgets and these gadgets may start other actions in the machine and the marbles run happily all over the machine. And maybe one day somebody will make a perpetum mobile like that. It is just a machine that is fun to watch and listen too.