Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Corner view / Places of reflection

For me, it used to be strolling the streets in the town, wandering aimlessly. Now, that I have a kid I cannot afford such a luxury. Now, it may sound strange for those who live in this busy touristy city but I still like Malá Strana (picture). There are few kind of hidden places, side from the main routes, where locals don't need to feel like tourists themselves. It is strange about tourists that they hold on the main stream and don't explore very much. Which is good. I may behave completely the same when I travel. Such is the satisfactory feeling that I am a discreet tourist myself.

Other corner viewers:
jane, ladybug-zen, ian, bonnie, esti, sophie, cele, modsquad, caitlin, joyce, ani, kim, a day that is dessert, natsumi, epe, kaylovesvintage, trinsch, c.t., jeannette, outi, schanett, ritva, francesca, state of bliss, jennifer, dana, denise, cabrizette, bohemian girl, dianna, isabelle, amber, mister e, janis, kari, jgy, skymiring, elizabeth, audrey, allison, lise, cate, mon, victoria, crescent moon, erin, otli, amy, ida, caroline, lisa, dorte, kimmie, la luna dans le ciel, nicola, malo, vanessa, britta, virgina, april, b, kyndale, samantha, karen, kristina, dorit, goldensunfamily, sophie, janet, mcgillicutty, desiree, travelingmama, aimee, sunnymama, amanda, ali, jenell, britta, juanita, pamela, inna, daan, myrtille, cris, ibb, susi, jodi, lily, gillian, jeanette, athena, pienduzz, latisha, clarette, satsuki

9 comments:

Ritva said...

i know. i live in a small village, but this is a village known of it´s art and handicraft. so during summertime it´s full of tourists. but as you said they don´t explore so much. and in the evening they have gone. still, we need our little hiding places!
have a nice week!

malo said...

This is the kind of local secret I would like to know if I was a tourist in your corner. Great.

caitlin said...

I love the picture, I can see why you spend time there. Great post!

Joyce said...

It is fun to find the off beat tracks of he hussle and bussel. I like these kind of secrets too. xoxo

Bonnie said...

i think you could still wander aimlessly ... you may just have to follow your little wanderer ... he may just find some new places that you didn't discover when you wandered alone ...

;) said...

Beautiful - and discret - place !!! Thanks for sharing ;)

Kasia said...

Oh, yes... I know what you mean. And also, I think, to know the real Prague you have to put away all those fancy guides and explore on your own. Get lost in the streets of Prague and you will find its true beauty. How much I miss it now..

Thank you for sharing, hope you're having lovely day,
Kasia

Francesca said...

I so like "discreet" tourists! It does make you wonder, though, whether an outsider can ever become a local ... I've lived in this part of the world for almost 10 yrs, and I still keep discovering hidden corners!

jane said...

i´m the same way. no maps - just wander. i love getting lost. it´s where i find the best kept secrets. besos-jane