Sunday, October 31, 2010




Half a day trip to Příbram. One has to climb a pilgrims spot above the town through a long covered staircase that starts right in the middle of the town. Hard winter is coming, they say, the ravens are in Brno by now... These blue sunny and incredible cold autumn days are unusual. In the evening, after the trip, I attended the Lucullan feast in a restaurant on a ship, I have nice friends, they like eating.

Today I carved my first (and last) pumpkin head. Important is, that Dominik had a good time.

7 comments:

Francesca said...

We skipped Halloween this year: two kids too old, one too young, and I really never liked this holiday, which has become popular in this country in the last decade. We'll do our traditional carnival instead.
Hope they're wrong about winter, we've had enough cold weather in the last few years!

Bohemian girl said...

Yes, Halloween is a theme, I usually ignore it although I like the pumpkins glooming. I am glad it is possible to grow out of it. At the party, five fat adults, tucked in their costumes, sat around the table, cut out their pumpkins, took a picture, sent it to facebook and went home. What a party!

alessandra said...

:D
let the man curve the pumpkin!

Merruli said...

Just a quick note to say "Thank you so much!". Your surprise package arrived today and it was all so good. I had a meeting in the evening and the bag was just the right size for it. I'll try to make a post about your lovely gift this week. (My younger one wanted to go to sleep with a light in the lantern.)

Merruli said...

Your e-mail hasn't come through. Are you sure you had twice the letter R on my address.

victoria said...

Our pumpkin is still standing on the kitchen counter. I was planning on carving one this year, the first one ever, but suddenly other things popped up during the weekend and the pumpkin was forgotten. Now I need a recipe for it!!! Maybe soup or pumpkin bread.

juditsd said...

it is over 30 celcius here in California....in November! It is very strange. Pumkins are melting..:)