Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Meaning

Domík is in re-convalescence after he had tonsillitis last week. We stay at home most of the time. Today we played his favorite play, visiting our friend Polar Bear at the Northern Pole. When we were buying a train ticket at the invisible ticket seller Domík asked for one "meaning".
I want a "meaning" too, I said.
We will share one, replied as he was getting a stripe of green paper from the seller.
What is it? I asked.
It tells you where you go.
With sentences like these I feel like I am taking part in the Winnie the Pooh story. I have been intrigued by the strange philosophy concept going on in the book disguised under the silly tinkling of the characters. Domík is playing and I juggle with his involuntary and misleading abstract exclamations in my head.
I have my green "meaning" on my table. It has curly lines drawn with pencil, by the kid's hand.

1 comment:

raining sheep said...

Poor Domik and poor mom! I am at home too today, but not looking after anyone, just being lazy :) Thanks for visiting - a wellness account is an account where my employer, each year, puts a certain amount of money I can put towards things like a new computer, a gym membership, courses of interest and so on. It is a lovely thing to have. It's basically money you get to spend on yourself for things that 'enhance' your life. Because I am a manager, I actually get a meaningful amount and I did not use it up last year so had enough in there to buy the big computer. It's so nice to have a big screen for doing photoshop!